To configure IMAP access for your
BlackBerry, just follow these steps:
note that different Blackberry models may have slightly different verbiage than
what is described below. The settings are the same.
also note that IMAP will synchronize the server with the email client you are
using. Deleting or relocating mail in one place will affect all machines
viewing the mail. If you wish to have independent copies of your mail, please
look into the mdEmail Audit product. You may also consider using POP instead of
- From your BlackBerry home screen,
select the BlackBerry Set-up icon, then choose Personal Email
Set-up. (On older devices, just look for the Personal Email Set-up
- Select Personal Email Set-up.
- Accept Terms and Conditions.
- On the 'Email Account Set-up' page,
enter your full email address (including '@yourdomain.md) but leave the
'Password:' field blank. Select Next.
- You'll see a screen that says 'We
were unable to configure [email@example.com].' Select I will
provide the settings to add this email account, then Next.
- Select Internet Service Provider
Email (POP/IMAP), then Next.
- Select I will provide the
settings to add this email account, then Next.
- You'll see 'The BlackBerry Internet
Service could not configure [username@yourdomain] email account.' Select Provide
The Settings to continue.
- In the 'User name:' field, enter
your full email address (including '@yourdomain.md'). Then enter your
password in the 'Password:' field.
- In the 'Email server:' field, enter
'imap.mdemail.md,' then select Next.
- If IMAP access was successfully
configured, select OK.
- Below your newly added .mdEmail
address, select Edit.
- Select Advanced Settings at
- Make sure the port is set to '993'
and 'Use SSL' is set to 'Yes.'
- Select Save.
There should now be a new mailbox icon
on your BlackBerry home screen labeled with your mdEmail address. Once you see
this icon, follow these steps to ensure proper configuration:
- Open the mailbox icon.
- Open the menu by pressing the jog
wheel or BlackBerry menu button, then select Options.
- Select Email Reconciliation.
- Confirm the following settings:
- Delete On: Mailbox & Handheld
- Wireless Reconcile: On
- On Conflicts: Mailbox Wins